COVID Crashes Universities. Good Start!
COVID-19 has had a major impact on colleges and university attendance.
The myriad reasons for NOT attending college these days are flush with ideological and financial reasoning. The cost of college is massive. When one of my kids got into numerous prestigious universities, I was both proud — and wary. The Ivy League cost was exorbitant. We are white and middle-class so no financial aid would be or was forthcoming with such prevalent racism these days. The cost of $45,000 to $65,000 per year was excessive and wasteful. The only avenue to meet those financial obligations was a student loan. I told my child that I was not going to ‘go into debt by co-signing so that you can have — quote — “The college experience”.
Instead, the kid went to a local community college (cost $1,200 per year) which acted as a feeder school to the state’s university system. Still, the school attended still requires some deprogramming from leftist ideology.
Which is the Second reason. With its malfeasance apparent, higher education no longer has the meaning that it once did in prizing individual thought, knowledge and growth. Instead, the role of the university has become programming, deceit and groupthink. This situation means that the child is no longer fit to think, create and grow on their own — only within the context of the fascist hierarchy of left-leaning professors and academic fatheads.
Third, the COVID has struck down attendance with parents reeling for the fakery hustled by these vaunted institutions which are really just ‘brands’. Yes, brands. The names like “Yale”, “Princeton”, “Harvard”, “Berkeley”, “Stanford” and so forth are peddling their names to inspire academic excellence (ahem) and selling the notion that attendance there is a requisite toward’s Life’s Success. Of course, this sales techniques is an emotional one, pulling on parent’s heartstring for their child and their future. The child loves the school. The parent loves the child. So cough up the money.
But then the COVID spread opened up parents eyes. When these same schools which laud the so-called ‘liberal values’ of empathy, understanding, etc., proved that they are just as nefarious as the Robber Barons of old. They didn’t lower the tuition when Distance Learning was required. After all, they were selling a ‘Brand name’. No, they refused to refund tuition, unused room and board and more to parents. And remember that these parents are probably approaching or in desperate financial streets. That overpriced $40 or $50k will buy a lot of mundane items like food, electricity, utilities, security and more during this extensive government mandated shut down.
What are the POSITIVE points of Educational Shutdowns due to the pandemic?
1. Brand recognition — fewer and fewer people care about the thinly veiled sales push of major universities who tie their brand to major cost. The parental shopping market is telling us that Distance Learning is not equal to On-site Learning. These liberal institutions are like their liberal icons. Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Jack Dorsey and others profess liberal values of understanding — but don’t disagree with them! Wake up. Liberals are amongst the most hypocritical in the world. Liberalism writ large is capitalism run amuck and power grabbing. Look how Bezos refuses union affiliation for his warehouses and drives work relentlessly. The coal mine bosses of old England would be proud. It is no different at these universities.
2. Plumbers mean more than Gender Studies. In today’s immediate pandemic world, the plumber is critical. No water then no food, cleaning, cooking, drinking, santitation and more. Practical matters have come home to roost. All those Millenials who don’t know how to change a light bulb are getting a reality check. It’s like 84%
3. University Propaganda centers — these institutions have maximized their leftist influence through tenured academics who often earn massive pay — with little contribution. Time to streamline, restructure and reorganize for the new world coming forth. Maybe cut out the stupid sexual perversion fairs or get back to Science, Math, Reading, Literature.
4. Kill Tenure — in the real world, people work, achieve and excel or get cut. This is in our DNA. As noted in the book “Sapiens” one development component of language was ‘gossip’. While the author uses this metaphor to make his text lively and fun, it’s true. When our early ancestors were hunting, gathering and surviving, then gossip served a true purpose. If a tribe member was lazy, then why would you work to feed them? If they were careless, then they put you in danger. If they were stupid, your life was at risk. The stakes may not be as drastic but the need for human accountability is still high. But not at these institutions of Higher (maybe cannabis induced) Learning. Tenure is the old Soviet crutch with a job for all — with work from none. Of course where bearded professors sit and spout arcane theories that nobody needs all day, then they must be retained.
5. A Return to Common Sense — These institutions routinely deride anybody who questions “Climate Change” as science deniers. But where are these so-called Science Believers when it comes to explaining 26 forms of gender identification. Where is the Science? And in emotionally lauding such work as the “1619 Project” from an emotional standpoint and surrendering their own academic integrity, we can see that these institutions don’t merely fall short but crumble worse than the NBA when faced with a Communist Chinese broadcast ban. A group of scholars has called for the revocation of a Pulitzer for the “1619 Project” based upon faulty academic structure.
We exist in the practical world — but live in our imaginations. The two can and always intersect. The impractical dreamers of the world like Edison, Ford, Jobs, Thalberg, Fulton, Gandhi, King and more had grandiose imagination — and sought to create ideas, realize them and spread them. That’s the purpose of education.
So if COVID financially wipes out these institutions, then great. They will have to reinvent for the marketplace with a new mindset that prizes survival and practical common sense thinking over Academic Marxist emotional drift. And that might be one benefit of pulling back the curtain on this institutional fakery. One teachers group in Tennessee wants to ban parents from watching their children’s Zoom classes. Now why would that be? Perhaps much like the textbooks that the Los Angeles Unified School District gives to nine-year olds about sexual behavior and — ahem — devices that people use to pleasure themselves. If only Archbishop Gomez would examine the issue of institutional sexual pederasty in full form in this ‘academic structure’.
Because parents will observe that their children might know Marx — but cannot read. That they are being programmed. That they are not learning to think independently. And then perhaps those parents will rightfully rebel against these corrupt institutions. Thank God many already are. On to the New World!